Sunday, February 2, 2020

Albania - I'm Alive - Elhaida Dani

Promo
17 - 34 pts / 10 - 62 pts in semi 1

Elhaida Dani won the 53rd Festivali i Këngës with her song Diell (Të Kërkoj) ((Sun) Ask yourself and the singer represents Albania in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna.

But Elhaida Dani went to Vienna with a new song I'm Alive, written by ZzapnChriss (=Arber Elshani and Chriss Lekaj) and Sokol Marsi. The original winner was withdrawn. (see below).
Listen to I'm Alive here at Eurovision.tv's Youtube.
The song is released through most digital sources.

An Albanian version Një Jetë was released on May 3.
Watch and listen here

A little warning here
It's 2020 and I tried to play the promo CD and it's totally dead now on all devices, the DVD is also not working properly. So if you plan on buying this from Discogs or what have you, please consider yourself warned.  (Thanks Nigel!)

A promo CD/DVD set is issued by RTSH.
The CD features 10 tracks, but it's actually only five and all are included twice.
1. Një Jetë - Albanian Version
2. I'm Alive - Instrumental Version
3. I'm Alive -  Drum ‘n’ Bass Remix
4. I'm Alive -  English Version
5. I'm Alive -  Karaoke Version
6. I'm Alive -  Instrumental Version
7. I'm Alive -  Drum ‘n’ Bass Remix
8. I'm Alive -  English Version
9. I'm Alive -  Karaoke Version
10. I'm Alive -  Albanian Version
The DVD is actually a DVD-rom and it contains photos, lyrics, biogs, the video to the song, a ‘making of the video’ documentary, a travelogue of Albania and a greeting to fans from Elhaida (though this last one doesn’t seem to have any sound!)


Digital release image
Versions
I'm Alive - Eurovision version
- on the official Vienna 2CD
Një Jetë - Albanian
- video
I'm Alive - Drum 'n' Bass remix
I'm Alive - Instrumental
I'm Alive - Karaoke version
- on the official karaoke album, digital release
- all above versions on the promo set.

Diell
One of the authors of the original song, Aldo Shllaku, has decided to withdraw Diell from the Eurovision competition because of unexpected changes made in the song he was not informed about by RTSH. He views this as a "violation of copyright and professional ethics".
The original song is written by Aldo Shllaku, Viola Trebicka and Sokol Marsi.

In 2013 Elhaida Dani won The Voice of Italy and released a 6-track EP including her radio hit Baciami Basta and tracks recorded at The Voice.
In 2011 she entered FiK with the song Mijëra Vjet (Thousand years), but ended last in the final with 0 points.

Links and sources:
Watch the live performance at RTSH's YT
Elhaida Dani FB and Website
Thanks to Nigel.


Lest we forget: Albania's recent entries
2014 - Hersi Matmuja
2013 - Adrian Lulgjuraj and Bledar Sejko
2012 - Rona Nishliu
2011 - Aurela Gaçe
2010 - Juliana Pasha
2009 - Kejsi Tola

2 comments:

Comments are moderated so it may take some time for your comment to show up. Please don't be Anonymous.